Friday, July 18, 2008

THANKS DAVE AND JON (extra entry)

You'd have to be quite a geek to notice this, but the entry "Phoebe" is gone and the blog looks more "normal".  This was somehow due to getting the new iMac computer and my first posting done on the new iMac on July 8 through "Firefox" but it caused the whole layout of the blog to change....to be very wide and big and difficult to read.

Dave a personal friend and regular blog reader e-mailed me about the problem today.

After extensive troubleshooting, my son found that something went crazy when I posted the July 8 posting entitled "Phoebe".  Jon found that when "Phoebe" became an "archieve" the blog would correct itself and look normal....OR I could just delete the posting. 

Since I started the blog in Feb. of 2006, I don't think I've ever deleted ANY posting, but I deleted "Phoebe" and everything went back to normal.

This reminds me of a teaching I heard many years ago from Denny Seler who is a mutual friend of Dave and me.  Denny said nobody is truly "independent"; rather a mature person recognizes that he or she is INTERDEPENDENT.  I needed Dave's feedback, and I needed Jon's help to get the blog layout back the way it's supposed to be!

Sorry, Phoebe, but your memorial posting just had to go!

No comments: