Monday, November 24, 2008

THANKS, COLBIE CAILLAT!

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (I Thessalonians 5:18)

Ever have a pop song “stuck in your head”? You know, it just keeps repeating and repeating. It’s so REAL to YOU that it’s exactly like you’re listening to it on the radio or on a C.D. player, but it’s in your head. (There used to be a couple of characters on the old Allie McBeal comdey/drama T.V. show who frequently had songs stuck in their heads like that!) Well, today I have one of those songs stuck in my head. The song is, “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat (pronounced Callay).

Yes, “Bubbly” is a love song and a VERY girly song. I know. I hope no one is questioning my sexual orientation as they are reading this, but “Bubbly” is also one of the relatively few secular pop songs of this decade that you don’t have to be ashamed of listening to! It’s a nice, mellow, happy song.

It’s been nice to have it running through my head today. I know committed Christians are not supposed to have bad days, but this was a bad day. I won’t bore you with all the details, but it was one of those days that you’re glad to see end. The day featured one annoying thing after another going wrong ALL day long! We had a very good Sunday at church yesterday, SO was my bad day some kind of spiritual warfare sent from the spiritual forces of darkness? Maybe; but I don’t like to give the Devil TOO much credit, either. I think sometimes bad days just happen. Certainly GOD allows them, too, to teach us all kinds of spiritual lessons whether we want to learn them or not!

Some of my Christian friends will be disappointed that I did not have some wonderful Christian Praise & Worship song repeating in my head. Well, some days, I DO, but today it was the secular song, “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat.

Wouldn’t life be awful without music? So, on this Thanksgiving week and on this “bad day” thank you God for music and thank you God for “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat. And, thanks, Colbie for recording the song!

1 comment:

Amy said...

have you ever heard her CD? bekah had it and it's great, it's clean all the way through. i'll have to get it and have you listen when i'm home. i'll put it on the itunes