Friday, July 16, 2010

"NED" SUGGESTED A POLL

This posting is directly related to the last one I wrote entitled "OVERWHELMED ?",
I did send an e-mail copy of THAT piece to "Ned". I didn't think it was write to post that on the blog and not let "Ned" know about it, even though I changed his name.

I was surprised that he e-mailed me back and thought that it was a good piece.
Ned suggested I take a poll and find out if most people prefer e-mails to be either personal and/or professional and of a generally important or relevant nature or if they have no problem with getting mass e-mail forwards, cutsy things from friends, and stuff like that.

At first I did not like the idea of a poll at all. It kind of made me laugh that "Ned" who doesn't like frivolous stuff on internet and e-mail was asking for kind of a frivolous thing (in a way). But in the shower this morning, I thought about it, and I realized Ned may actually have a good idea about this. So I AM taking the poll.

I'm NOT including spam in this poll. I hate to receive spam, and I'd guess that 99.9% of people on-line do not want spam.

So, this is about those mass e-mails about Obama or Iraq or "the sweetest guy I've ever known" or "the legend of the Dogwood" or "you can stop gay marriage" or "the funniest clean joke I've ever heard" or "a classic '58 Chevy's restoration"...THOSE kind of e-mails.

I also may sound hypocritical, because I'd rather that respondents to the poll DON'T send me long e-mails about their opinion on this subject. I know a lot of you are "in the middle" on the mass e-mail forwards issue, BUT you have to vote "YES" or "NO" on this one!

Please send me an e-mail at revrbaril@aol.com

Your "body" of the letter should be one word: YES or NO

If you pretty much have no problem with mass e-mail forwards, cutsy stuff, etc. type the word YES

If you would only like to receive personal and professional e-mails and none of the mass forwards, cutsy stuff, etc. type the word NO

I will be taking this over the next few days. I will report on the results here on the blog. Thanks.

1 comment:

clotrip said...

Since you require only one word email, I need to respond to your survey here. I am having trouble determining my response because I don’t find you give me an option that fits my position. I enjoy the occasional forwarded email inspirational saying or joke but I want to feel my friends thought about it and selected me as a recipient. It annoys me if I feel I am receiving everything that someone I know received. I want to feel it is at least somewhat personal not just leaving a copy of Reader’s Digest jokes on the table for me to pick up. Based on the phasing of you question, I will have to say ‘no’ but it is all in the phrasing.