Thursday, February 10, 2011

"THE PULPIT COMMENTARY" for sale

February 10, 2011

Hi!

Most evangelical Protestant pastors know what THE PULPIT COMMENTARY is.

It is a 23 volume hardbound set of very good commentary notes on the entire Bible,
ideally designed for helping pastors prepare sermons. Not only are there study
notes and definitions, etc. for every chapter of the Bible, but there are suggested
sermon outlines for virtually every chapter of the Bible.

I was GIVEN a brand new set of THE PULPIT COMMENTARY about 3 months ago.

The problem is, I already have one!

Frankly, my own PULPIT COMMENTARY is now packed up in storage with 99% of
the other stuff that was in my old Pastors' office...but one day I hope to set up an
office again when I am able.

Like most modern ministers, I now do 90% of my study and research for sermons
on-line. However, THE PULPIT COMMENTARY in hard copy is still a great tool!

According to CBD/Christianbook.com THE PULPIT COMMENTARY can
be expected to sell for $1000 retail. THEY typically sell it for $300. Recently
they had a special sale on THE PULPIT COMMENTARY and offered it for $175.

I am willing to sell this brand new set of THE PULPIT COMMENTARY (still in
the original packing box!) for $75! I'll charge $100 if I have to ship it someplace
just due to the cost and inconvenience of shipping it.

You might want to give it as a gift to a pastor or someone about to graduate from
Bible College or Seminary.

I know I can sell it on EBAY, but I wanted to offer it first to people I have a personal
connection to.

BOB BARIL < revrbaril@aol.com >
FRAMINGHAM, MA

508-523-4595

please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.

2 comments:

Bill McCulley said...

Believe it or not, Conrad may possibly be interested. He's in Atlanta now with his fiance, but you may want to give my mom a call and ask her to let him know. Conrad is really into doctrinal studies now after work. Lots of books from John MacArthur to Jonathan Edwards and more.

Bob Baril said...

I have a few people who have expressed interest. If none of them pan out I will keep that in mind.