Monday, March 7, 2011

NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE

"David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him." (I Samuel 22:1)

I have to say that overall the move to Webster went well over the weekend. The moving company, Grandma's Attic out of Milford was truly excellent and very professional.

As I write, I'm sitting at the "old homestead" in Framingham at the computer. (I have access to the Framingham residence through March 15, and I have today off.) As an "internet junkie" this feels great because I needed my "fix"! Right now at the Webster residence there's no T.V. and no internet, and for me, that's quite a withdrawal! (Thank God, I do have radio out there!)

I stopped at Market Basket in Oxford on Saturday evening. Wow. It was at least twice the size of the Ashland store, and I have to say both the customers and staff were much more pleasant and helpful than I was used to at Ashland.

There are a lot of changes and a lot will take getting used to.
I will say that since I did not have T.V. and internet last night, I listened to 3 CDs from Bishop T.D. Jakes in which he drew powerful life applications from the Book of Ruth.

I'm a creature of habit, and I like "a place for everything and everything in its place". So, for me a move is probably a bigger adjustment than it is for most people.
It's a time of change, being stretched, and seeking God for direction.

Most of you know my grown kids Jon and Rachel will not be living with us. They have less than two weeks to find a place and get out of 40 Harrison St. I know Rachel is actively looking. I'm very proud of the wonderful new job she has at John Hancock Insurance in Boston but I know she is "out straight" and carrying quite a load, so pray for God's leading and direction for her.

I will be going to the library, and/or to friends' computers when I can to check e-mail, post stuff on the blog and Facebook, etc. Thanks!

No comments: