Saturday, September 17, 2011

0 AND 50

"And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family." (Leviticus 25:10)

Due to my late mother's recollections, I knew I was born on a Sunday evening (September 19) in 1954. I remember my mother saying something about having labor pains during the Ed Sullivan Show! Indeed, I WAS born on a Sunday, which I think is kind of cool! I also thought it was a neat coincidence that my 50th birthday on September 19, 2004 was also on a Sunday.

Recently, I decided to check and see if everybody's 50th birthday falls on the day of the week on which they were born. With the possible exception of February 29, EVERYBODY'S 5Oth birthday falls on the day of the week on which they were born. This year I'm more years away from 50 than I'd like to be, but I wonder if anybody else ever figured that out or noticed it. The Bible speaks of every 50th year as a "Year of Jubilee". I wonder if there's some special significance to that 50th birthday thing?!

No comments: