Friday, May 4, 2012

BLOG UPDATED AGAIN

"...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I started "The Blog of Bob Baril" as a blog on AOL in early 2006. In those days, AOL's blog feature was called "AOL Journals". I liked that it was pretty user friendly. I also liked that I could post a photo of myself on the AOL Journal, AND that it recorded how many "hits" the blog had gotten.I think it was in 2008 that AOL discontinued their "Journals" feature. I'm really NOT so technically savvy at all! In fact, I still don't have a "smart phone" for instance. I have a DUMB PHONE. All it can do it make calls and take pictures, and I have NEVER taken a picture with it in my life. It's almost three years old and dying, and I am reluctant to ever get a smart phone! So, I was panicked when AOL was discontinuing the blogs, and I posted a piece in which I wrote that it may be the end for my blog. In fact, AOL gave you the option to change to Blogspot (now called "Blogger" and run by Google). I took that option.At first, it was all VERY different and I did not like it. There WAS a way to post a photo, but it was very complicated and I could not figure it out. AND, there was no more "counter" to tell how many hits you had on your blog.

I received a communication a couple of weeks ago that Blogger was making a big change in how you would post on your blog and how you would manage your blog. I tried to "walk through" their "Upgrade" procedure, but I got so confused and discouraged that I gave up. I wondered, again, if this would be the end of "The Blog of Bob Baril" or if I would need to find a new server for the blog.I don't have a computer at home now (long story) so most of the time I am posting at a public library as I am at the moment. That makes things even harder for things like uploading a photo and taking forever to do all the technical stuff to reconfigure your blog setup. Yesterday, as I only worked 4 hours at BJs I had time to go to my daughter's apartment where the old iMac computer with photos of me is located. I had time to "play" with it, and although it took me a LONG time, just as when I set up Facebook in 2010, I figured out how to upload a photo and thus I now have a photo on the blog! And, although YOU can't see it, there IS a place where the blog author can see how many "hits" he is getting, and I am getting far more than I expected.If you want to read my expaned profile, just CLICK on that at the above right, and THEN when you get there, CLICK on the ABOUT box. So, The Blog of Bob Baril lives!

No comments: