Monday, May 12, 2008

TODAY IS AMY'S BIRTHDAY

I didn't even have time to try to find some Scripture verse to use with this entry... I suppose I could have used the one about Herod's birthday that I've used in the past, but I decided to just skip it!

Anyway, today is our daughter Amy's 23rd birthday.  Amy was born on Mother's Day in 1985, so that was pretty special for her Mom.  I'm leaving for two days at District Council so that's also typical for Amy's birthday.  (District Council is an annual, regional Assemblies of God convention.)  For at least half of Amy's birthdays, I've been away at District Council.  In more recent years, on a couple of Amy's birthdays we spent the day driving along the route from Springfield, Missouri to Framingham, Massachusetts. 

Today, Amy is married, working as a nurse, and living in Springfield, Missouri.
Where does the time go?

I was Ordained at District Council in Brookfield, Connecticut on May 7, 1985.  Since Mary Ann was 9 months pregnant and in a condition where she could deliver at any time, she could not be there for it.  (Incidentally, in the Assemblies of God you become a "Licensed Minister" first.  Then after a few years, as long as you aren't some total whacko, you are Ordained.  Yes, I know, I am a total whacko, but somehow they goofed and Ordained me anyway!)  I used to watch the guys who got their 25 Year Recognitions at District Council and think they were SO old and that would never happen to me.  Well, as long as I'm still "kicking", in 2 years Amy will turn 25 and I'll get my 25 Year Recognition.  I've asked Amy and her husband to come up in 2 years for a special visit and we'll all celebrate together!

SOOOOO....... today is Amy's birthday.....  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! WOO!!

Anonymous said...

ba ha ha ha
you really are crazy...