Monday, February 2, 2009

"PRAY FRAMINGHAM" (extra entry)

The following is the word-for-word text of an e-mail I sent out to over 50 people- each of whom is either a "friend" of our church, First Assembly of God of Framingham, a personal friend, or both. I also want to remind YOU of the Wednesday night event with Dennis Cole:

<< Over ten years ago, Harvey Meppelink, a (now retired) Assemblies of God minister (who had a VERY important and powerful ministry in New England and nationally) launched a ministry which he named "PRAY BOSTON". He traveled around the Boston metro area enlisting individuals and groups to pray for revival in the Boston area.

Well, I'm entitling this mailing "PRAY FRAMINGHAM" - sort of inspired by Harvey's title from the mid-1990s.

Specifially, we need to pray re. this week's weather!

The Dennis Cole special event at our church is only about 48 hours away!
THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT SERVICE FOR OUR CHURCH.
I am encouraging you as strongly as I can to be present at our church on Wednesday night at 7:30. (I'd recommend arriving around 7:15).

We are facing a "challenging" weather forecast for tomorrow. Even though it is all supposed to be over before mid-day Wednesday, bad weather COULD put a "damper" on the Wednesday night service. The snow predictions are "all over the place" from a dusting to over 6 inches. I am "coming against" this snowstorm in prayer. I ask you to join me in praying against this snowstorm, and I ask you to PLEASE be present on Wednesday night. If you could BRING someone with you on Wednesday night, that would be great!

God bless you.... any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

PASTOR BOB BARIL
FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD OF FRAMINGHAM>>

No comments: