Saturday, March 30, 2019

MAYBE NOT GOING AWAY AFTER ALL!

"...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."  (from Job 1:21)

It's been a few weeks since I posted my possible farewell thoughts as I'd received a surprising and troubling email from Google telling me my blog would be going away by early April. 

In fact, it's Google Plus blogs that are going away by early April.  I never remember upgrading or changing to Google Plus.  Thus, I've been just "biding my time" as they say in waiting to see what, if anything, would happen to my blog.  I did receive a couple of additional emails.  One said that my blog would now appear as scrambled (for security purposes) to anyone "new" who came to read it that had never been to the site before.  That turned out to be not accurate information.  I'm concluding that I don't have Google Plus and that the blog is not going away.  If it does go away, that will happen on or very shortly after April 2, 2019; but right now I'm feeling that I was incorrectly notified in early February that my blog was going away and I believe that at least for awhile, it's staying!  For that, I do thank God!

1 comment:

jon TK said...

You do have Google Plus. That's why you have that G+ icon next to your name. It's also why they have been contacting you about it.

But of course your blog predates you updating your account inadvertently. I suspect it won't be as catastrophic as foretold, but pay attention to what they send you in case you need to make changes.