Monday, April 16, 2007

VA TECH (extra entry)

Along with millions of others I was saddened to learn of the terrible massacre at Virginia Tech today.

My cousin, Dr. Jeanne Baril Howard Roper (I believe professionally she is known as Dr. Howard - not to be confused with a certain 3 Stooges episode) taught at Virginia Tech for a number of years, as did her husband.  They are retired and live in that community of Blacksburg, VA.

My sister called me today asking if Jeanne still taught there and I reminded her that Jeanne is retired.

That theory of "6 Degrees of Separation" is really true, as is the annoying Disney song, "It's a small world after all".  Had Jeanne still been teaching there, pershaps she would have been a shooting victim.

As morbid as this sounds, we all need to be ready to step into the presence of the Lord at ANY time... you never know what will happen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tragedy... a sad sad day.  My heart breaks thinking about the families of the victims.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how lives without the Lord in these precarious times ... Knowing that He is in control of all situations, one can live peacefully ...