Friday, March 14, 2008

YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT IN BOSTON!

In general, I have not had too much time for relaxing or sightseeing over the past couple of days as there is SO much to do to get ready for a wedding!  I will say I did have a chance to relax for a short time yesterday afternoon and I watched the late afternoon news on the local ABC affiiliate.  The weather man was wearing faded jeans and a casual polo shirt!  It seems he was bowling at a local bowling alley, and someone from the station dragged him out of the bowling alley and put him on-air because some of the local counties were under a severe thunderstorm watch.  I cannot imagine Harvey Leonard or Dick Albert on Boston's ABC affiliate wearing such clothes on-air, nor can I imagine either of them bowling at a bowling alley!

One of the news stories was (I believe) from Kansas.  It was about a woman who sat on her toilet seat for 2 YEARS and would not get off of it.  Authorities had to cut the seat off the toilet and carry her off seat and all!  She ate on the toilet seat and slept on the toilet seat for 2 years!  I guess that's one for the Guiness Book of World Records!

One thing I am very happy about is that the Springfield, MO area now has ice coffee (at McDonald's).  The nearest Dunkin Donuts is 45 miles south of here in Branson.  McDonald's had introduced ice coffee throughout America over the past year.  Before that it was almost exclusively a beverage of New England, New York, and New Jersey;with probably Mass. and R.I. being the top ice coffee drinking areas.

I need to hurry and post this as I'm writing on my daughter's laptop and having all kinds of problems for which I have to keep calling for my son.  Contrary to what some of you think I am VERY "technically challenged"; and I tend to need lots of help with almost ANYTHING that's even remotely technical.

Well, Saturday's the wedding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo wedding time!

gross about the toilet seat