Sunday, December 21, 2008

CHURCH TODAY (12/21/08)- (extra entry)

"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?..." (from Job 38:22)

We managed to have church today! It snowed 11 inches in Framingham on Friday and Saturday. Then by 6 a.m. another half inch had fallen.

I made the decision to HAVE church today.

We had a very small attendance.... only 12 people total showed up. (We did have one first-time visitor, and I was glad about that!)

Of course today's offering was low, and that's a bit of a concern, although we frankly took in more money than I'd have expected to.

We actually had a good Adult Sunday School Class and a good service. When we got out of church 3 more inches of snow had fallen and it was snowing hard. The main roads were not too bad. Our street and driveway were horrible, but we got in safely! I have been home for about 45 minutes.

Well, the Patriots are playing in the snow, so that's good!

For you "locals", you are welcome to attend our church's Christmas Eve service on Wed. at 7:30 p.m. My daughter Amy and son-in-law David from Missouri will be there! I will be delighted to see any of you on Wednesday night. For more information, please send me an e-mail.

No comments: