Sunday, March 19, 2006

"YOU HAD A BAD DAY"

Daniel Powter has a current Top 40 Hit (in fact, it's a Top 10) entitled "You Had A Bad Day".  That is the theme song of my Sunday today.  Now, honestly, to use a famous Joanne Lincoln line, "It's NOT ALL BAD!"  It certainly was not all bad.  We had a great Sunday School class.  We had a great service.  But here's the "had a bad day" part:

At 6:20 this morning, I arrived at the church building to find a broken window. It was one of the "nursery" windows.  Presumably it was another result of playing ball in the parking lot.  The window is a double paned window.  Fortunately,   while the exterior pane was broken the interior pane was OK. I swept up the glass in the parking lot.  Unfortunately, there was still plenty of glass on and behind the log.  It was difficult to get and pick up.  While I was contorting to try to pick up glass, I felt a distinct pain in my lower back.  It was so bad I could hardly get up.  Once I got up, I knew there was NO way I could bend down at all.

I had to phone church member David Crowell to come and "rescue" me.  He came and cleaned up the rest of the glass.

I went through teaching the S.S. class and running the service with lower back pain.  
Today, I need to bring my 19-year-old daughter Rachel back to Westfield State College.  Amy, who is currently home from Missouri,  is coming with us.  There is NO way I can lug any of Rachel's stuff from the vehicle to the room on this trip!

Well, shortly wer're leaving for Westfield.

Some REALLY GOOD THINGS have been happening at church, so this should not surprise me!  Unfortunately, I'm a typical "guy" when I'm sick- a total baby!  

I know I usually include a Bible verse or two on each blog entry.   Today's is 2 Corinthians 4:17-18:   "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen:  for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

INCIDENTALLY:  I usually post something on the blog on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  I know I'm all OFF SCHEDULE right now!  The next posting will be on Thursday, March 23.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it is doing better. and i think it's funny that you schedule the blog writings, but then again, i should expect it, cause that is just how you are.  :)

Anonymous said...

I can identify with the frustration.  For someone who typically is not a sickly person, I have had to endure some form of sickness for the last 4 weeks.  At least I haven't been bored.  The "afflictions" have been different each week.  That scripture passage you included in your blog has been running through my head all during this time.  It has kept me from getting too discouraged.  I too am not surprised that this is taking place right now in my life.  God has been doing some amazing things recently.  So, I agree it's NOT ALL BAD!  
Glad you're feeling better.  :)