Thursday, March 20, 2008

ANOTHER "THANK YOU" TO JON BARIL

Many of you know that something went wrong with posting entries from my home computer back in May.  Thus, since May 2007, I had been unable to post entries on the blog from home.  Virtually all entries were posted from the Framingham Public Library, or occasionally from my wife's laptop computer.  The computer I use at the church office is 9 years old and uses the old-fashioned "Classic MAC" operating system with AOL 5.0, so I cannot even get on the blog or do anything with it at the office.

It had all been very frustrating.

I don't want to bore all the non-technical people to tears, but my 24-year-old son Jon downloaded something to the home computer that enables me to post entries on the blog AND edit entries from home!  IT IS WONDERFUL!  (This has been a LONG 10 months!)  I have been embarrassed by a lot of spelling and grammar errors on the blog that I'd notice from home, but I could not FIX them at home...and at the Library there's a time limit on the computers, so I had to be content to just "post and run".  Well, the focus of Easter is "Resurrection" so there's been kind of a "resurrection" to me of being able to post on the blog from home...like I'm doing now AFTER Midnight!  (We got home from watching my daughter Rachel in a play in Westfield and I'm just trying to "wind down"!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, jon's pretty awesome... know what else is pretty awesome? my play... did not you love it? yeah "little shop!!" woo! I'm gonna miss that show.....weep weep...