Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WE GOT TO SPRINGFIELD, MO OK !!

Some of you may know we had quite a scare on Sunday night!  The Dodge Caravan made a loud grinding noise and there was a strong smell like burning plastic!  We live very close to the edge financially, and time-wise getting ready for the wedding has been "something else"!  My mechanic friend and brother in Christ, Bill Lincoln checked out the Dodge Caravan on Sunday night.  It turns out the air conditioner compressor burnt out!  The vehicle was safe to drive to Missouri!

Believe it or not, we could have used A/C here in Missouri.  It was 73 degrees today...sunny with moderate humidity.  In the Dodge Caravan it was kinda warm even with windows down, but thank God we got here OK!!  The drive went fine.  I drove the entire trip.  (Sitting while others drive makes me nauceous and nervous!)  The wedding is Saturday.  The "stuff" to do is still unbelievable!  I am nervous but it's a mostly good nervous.  Many of you know I went to Central Bible College here in Springfield, Missouri 30 years ago.  I love the Missouri Ozarks and I have many happy memories here.  Now, with Amy's wedding, there will be another one.

"There are places I remember, in my life, though some have changed..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Dodge Caravan safely make its way back to us here in Massachusetts and may you have a blessed wedding event! Nothing like a little hair raising automobile adventure to make a trip a little more exciting! (And you can leave out the kind of automobile adventure I went through).
Maddie Sifantus
PS
You are such a young man...getting younger all the time.
God Bless.

Anonymous said...

yay bill!
while you're in missouri already, i'm sitting in the providence airport as i type... waiting and waiting for me 5 o'clock flight... oh well.
got board... bought myself a squiggly thing to play with.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this write-up, I've been thinking of selling my <a href="http://www.thepartsbin.com/guides/dodge/caravan.html">Dodge Caravan</a> because it's been failing me for several times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this write-up, I've been thinking of selling my <a href="http://www.thepartsbin.com/guides/dodge/caravan.html">Dodge Caravan because it's been failing me for several times.