Monday, August 24, 2009

THE PRAYER

This post is bout my prayer at the “Amazing Grace Motorcycle Run” last Saturday and NOT about the beautiful Andrea Bocelli song, “The Prayer”. HOWEVER, I want to mention that the song “The Prayer” is one of the most beautiful songs I can think of. At the bottom of this post is a link to the song “The Prayer” on youtube being sung by Andrea Bocelli (incidentally, “Andrea” is a GUY) and Celine Dion.

I mentioned sometime back on the blog about the “Amazing Grace Motorcycle Run” and I e-mailed a number of people about it, also. Grace Morrison is a 7-year-old girl with leukemia. Her parents, Paul and Nancy Morrison are very nice people. Paul Morrison is a guard at M.C.I. Norfolk. I’ve known him for several years. The “Amazing Grace Motorcycle Run” was an important fundraiser. I was honored to be asked to do the “Blessing of the Bikes”.

I guess there IS a special way you’re supposed to do a “Blessing of the Bikes” which I did not do, because I really don’t know what it is! I’m usually one for “just winging” prayers...in other words, not really preparing them but just praying whatever comes to mind. My wife urged me NOT to do that for Saturday’s event, but rather to write something out and be prepared. I did that, and I’m glad I did.

There was a D.J. on Saturday and thus a sound system. I was glad to have a microphone with all those people, motorcycles, etc.! The prayer was well received by the crowd. When I concluded with “...and everybody said AMEN!!” we had a LOUD “AMEN”! Here is the exact text of Saturday’s prayer:

Our Precious Heavenly Father,

We are thankful that you have brought each of us together THIS DAY for the “Amazing Grace Ride”! We thank you for the weather and ask your continued favor for today’s weather.

We lift up in prayer right now EVERY motorcycle and motorcycle rider participating in today’s event. Lord, your word prophesies in Nahum 2:4 : “The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like lightnings.” Lord, as these “chariots” and their riders travel today, may they go with YOUR hedge of protection about them. May there be no harm to any motorcycle or any motorcycle rider in any way shape or form, IN JESUS’ NAME. BLESS THEM, LORD! PSALM 98:4 says, “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.” May that LOUD noise of the bikes today be a sweet sound in Your ear, Lord!

Lord, thank you for all the volunteers and workers and all that’s going on today. Would you BLESS each one Lord? Would you bless the fruit of their labours? May everything said and done today here be pleasing in your sight, Lord!

And, Heavenly Father, Your Holy Word says in EXODUS 15:26 “...I am the Lord that healeth thee.” We lift up little Grace Morrison to you in prayer this day, and we pray that both by medicine and by miracles that you will BLESS and HEAL this child! We will give you the honor and praise for her healing in Jesus’ Name!

And FINALLY, Heavenly Father, we ask Your blessing on each member of the Morrison family....draw them very close to You, may they each know You in a Personal way, may they be richly blessed and have a great testimony of what You have done for them,
IN JESUS’ NAME
and everybody said AMEN!!


It was a blessing to be part of the “Amazing Grace Motorcycle Run”. Mary Ann made a beautiful gift basket for Grace and took a number of photos. It’s one of the highlights of my year so far!

AND, the youtube video of Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion singing “The Prayer” can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmscFwj22vg

No comments: