Monday, June 25, 2012

MAILMAN ED'S ANSWER TO PRAYER

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." (Mark 11:23)

My close friend Ed D. is a former Assemblies of God minister and a rural letter carrier in Texas. He sent the following out as an e-mail to several friends and relatives. I don't have too many people do "guest posts" on my blog, and Ed did not request it, but I thought his story was so good that I forwarded his e-mail on to a few people and I decided to "publish" it her. Ed entitled it, "UNBELIEVABLE but it is TRUE!" Here it is:

Driving and delivering mail in a postal truck has its unpleasant moments
when vehicles block access to a mailbox and the mail carrier must stop,
put vehicle in park and set the emergency brake and dismount. Believe me, it
happens more often than we as carriers would wish.

For at least a month now, near the end of my route, I have had to deal with a
white sports car park within a few feet of the mailbox but close enough I could
not drive up to the mailbox. I would leave notes asking that "they back up their
vehicle five feet" so I would not have to get out my truck to put the mail in their box.
I did this 3-4 times but no response. Car never moved.

This past Monday, I finally reached my limit of frustration with this hinderance.
After the umteenth dismount for this mailbox, I verbalized these words.
" I wish this car was not there " and then asked God to move it out of my way !!

I then continued down the street delivering to other boxes. I got to the street's end
and found I had missed delivering a magazine to a house near the white sports car
and turned my truck around. I got to that mailbox, put in the magazine, and looked
down at the white car which now had another vehicle in front of it.

That new vehicle was a flatbed tow truck and it hauled off that white sports car.
It's been gone all week!

Two points I want to make clear. When I asked God to move that white car, God had
the tow truck enroute. God permitted me to miss that magazine so I would turn around
and witness His answer to prayer. Otherwise, on Tuesday I would have assumed the resident finally agreed to do what was in my note.

I have shared this story with several other carriers in my office who have
expressed both joy and surprise that prayer moved a problem vehicle.

Do you have any hinderances in your way ??? "God may not steer a parked car"
but He can get it moved !!!! But we gotta ask !!!!

You know, I've had a smile on my face the other five days this week, I have
passed that house and the mailbox isn't blocked.

ed

No comments: