Sunday, July 15, 2012

YOUNG MAN AT McDONALD'S IN ASHLAND

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings:" (Philippians 2:14)

I hate to admit this but when it comes to fast food establishments, I CAN be the kind of customer who's a little difficult. I don't have a lot of patience with mistakes made in the drive thru lane! I suppose we've all gotten the wrong order, no straw for our drink, received incorrect change, etc. One time, about ten years ago, for example, I got really perturbed with the lady at the drive thru at a Wendy's. My kids (teenagers at the time) were "wicked embarrassed" as we New Englanders say.

Well, THIS time, I want to give credit where credit is due!

Last night, I left my job around 7:35 and headed toward home. I pulled into the drive thru lane at McDonald's on Route 126 in Ashland to buy a $1 hot coffee. (Well, I think it's $1.06 with tax.)

I ordered a medium hot coffee with no sugar and 5 creams. (5 creams MAY sound like a lot, it really isn't. It's about the same amount of cream they give you at Dunkin' Donuts, except that their cream is kind of on a "tap" and McDonald's has those little cream containers you have to open and pour in.) For some reason, the young man taking my order got all confused. The more I tried to explain it, the worse it got.

Finally, I said, "O.K., let's just start over!"

I gave the order again. I said it slower, and in a different way. He GOT it.

But to my surprise, when I pulled up to get the coffee, it was a LARGE coffee. The young man profusely apologized to me for misunderstanding the order. I did not expect that.

"It's fine," I said, "these things happen. It's O.K. Thanks."

Yes, I can be SUCH a complainer but can forget to recognize when someone attempts to give GOOD service.

I don't know that young man's name, but I appreciated it.

I thought I'd give a plug to this young man who was working Saturday evening around 7:45 and to the McDonald's on Route 126 in Ashland, MA!

No comments: