Tuesday, July 17, 2012

PASTOR ROBBED!

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

“Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” (Romans 12:15)

I was one of those “holdouts” who stayed away from Facebook for a long time. I finally joined in early December of 2010. For the past year and a half, I have enjoyed reconnecting with a number of folks I went to high school with as well as others. I enjoy reading people’s “Status updates”. Some of my Friends post some very uplifting items on Facebook. But, there are also sad news items you hate to read. I received one of those this morning. Pastor Dan Condon of Meeting Place Church of Framingham, Massachusetts posted THIS update:

"Nothing like being robbed on a Monday to start your week out! Thanks to the guy who has my wallet and ipod and some hard earned pay! Praying for ya! close all accounts try to get some ID restored! Thank God not hurt - just feel dirty!"

Dan did not give any more details. As a naturally curious guy, I wondered WHERE the robbery took place and HOW it took place. I guess those details really don’t matter, for whatever the specific details are, Dan was robbed. It’s got to be a very bad feeling!

I mentioned (above) the church Dan is pastoring. “Meeting Place Church” is the “restart” of First Assembly of God of Framingham, the church I pastored for twenty-three years and that was officially incorporated in 1922 and begun informally in 1921. Dan moved into Framingham about a year ago. He and his wife Lynn have been holding home meetings and a few services at Mass. Bay Community College at 19 Flagg Drive. I learned that some people thought I would be furious when I learned the Assemblies of God was bringing Dan in to “restart” the church. It’s true that I was devastated by First Assembly of God of Framingham’s closing and a lot of peoples perceptions and opinions about that; and in some ways, I still am grieving that loss. BUT, I rejoice that the church is going on with a new face and mission. In fact, one close friend of mine who was even more upset about the church’s closing than I was confided in me,

“I want to see Pastor Dan SUCCEED. Too many of us gave too much of our blood, sweat, and tears to that church in Framingham, and engaged in spiritual warfare and other experiences many people could never understand. The worst part was feeling it was all for nothing. Seeing Pastor Dan come in and seeing the Holy Spirit work through him to build a viable ministry in Framingham would feel like what we did was worthwhile after all.”

I fully agree with that.

Dan and Lynn are holding a service this coming Sunday morning at 10 a.m. at Mass. Bay at 19 Flagg Drive. I believe the devil is furious with Dan and Lynn and with everyone who is in any way a part of Meeting Place Church. He wants to discourage Pastor Dan and his wife. He wants to discourage the church’s small core group of people. He wants to see them totally give up on the plan to restart the Framingham church. Satan wants to drive the nails into the coffin of the church, and have a belly laugh about it. Listen, it’s not only the church of the past twenty years that I’m thinking about...I'm remembering Ollie Dalaba, and Janet Rowe, and Brother Lewis, and Dick and Iris Pelley, and Tom Gurney, and Pastor James and all sorts of others who also poured their blood, sweat, and tears into First Assembly of God of Framingham. God has great plans for Dan and Lynn and that fledgling congregation- that “shoot” that is growing up from the stump of what was First Assembly of God of Framingham.

Dan’s no novice. He’s been in the ministry for years and served as Associate Pastor of First Assembly of God of Worcester for many years. Dan has weathered personal crises and challenges; times of great pain and heartache. I believe he is God’s man to pastor the Framingham Church at this time.

I cannot imagine how upset I would be if my wallet sere stolen. I’d be more upset about credit cards and my drivers’ license being stolen than about any money stolen. Surely this is a very difficult time for Dan and Lynn.

Let’s PRAY this week for Pastor Dan Condon and his wife Lynn and their unborn baby. Let’s pray God’s richest blessings and anointing upon them. Let’s pray (according to Romans 8:28) that this whole situation that the devil meant for evil would be turned around for good. As difficult as it is, let’s pray for the person that stole Dan’s wallet and ipod...for that person’s salvation. Let’s pray that Meeting Place Church has an outstanding Holy Spirit anointed service this coming Sunday morning.

If you are on Facebook, check out the Meeting Place Church page at:

http://www.facebook.com/mpcag

If you want to send any sort of encouragements to the Condons I have their e-mail address and U.S. mail address. I will be happy to share those with anyone who personally contacts me. I can be reached at:

revrbaril@aol.com

And, feel free to pass this on to your Christian friends.

No comments: