Friday, October 19, 2012

POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK TODAY:

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:" (James 1:19)

I posted this on my Facebook page today. I am NOT against people stating their political opinions, nor I am against freedom of speech- not at all. But I think Facebook, including postings by my Facebook friends, is just inundated and saturated with this stuff. Enough already!

This may upset some folks and seem "off the wall" but I am so tired of reading political stuff on Facebook. Ironically, at one time, I was a HUGE political junkie, so I understand a lot of what is driving this. I AM watching the debates, but I guess I just feel SO bad about the state our country is in which is not good. Yes, I will vote on Nov. 6, the Lord willing; but if we're really all "friends" on Facebook, I think we've all done enough posting about how great Obama is or how horrible Obama is; or how great Romney is or how horrible Romney is; and that all goes for Biden and Ryan, too. I don't think our country has been so divided since 1865. As nutty as this may sound, I think there needs to be a lot of humility and prayer in our country at this point in time. JAMES 1:19 says we should be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath. To that I add "Selah".

No comments: