Wednesday, December 5, 2007

METROWEST DAILY NEWS CLARIFICATION

Today's (Wed. Dec. 5, 2007) MetroWest Daily News on page A5 features a color photo of me, and underneath the photo, a quote of me saying, "I studied the issues and I chose Romney".

This may greatly surprise a number of people who know me, and who know that I have stated on numerous occasions that I am voting for John McCain in the Massachusetts Republican Primary. Well, I am still voting for John McCain in the Massachusetts Republican Primary.

Here is "the story behind the story": Yesterday afternoon as I entered the
Framingham Public Library, I was stopped by a reporter and photographer and asked to answer a few questions about the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon and whether I thought that should be an issue in this campaign. I made several comments including the fact that in the 2002 Governor's race between Mitt Romney and Shannon O'Brien, I studied the issues and I chose Romney. Romney's being a Mormon did not influence my vote either way. If you read the entire article under the photographs, it does clarify that I said that statement "I studied the issues and I chose Romney" about the 2002 Governor's race.

I think it's unfortunate that they used THAT quote with the photo, however, because it implies I'm voting for Romney in the 2008 Presidential Primary, and I am not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry

but at least you're in the paper... all puplicity is good publicity