Tuesday, April 24, 2007

AMY UPDATE (extra entry)

“...ye have not, because ye ask not.” (from James 4:2)

First a DISCLAIMER:
This entry is appropriate for those readers who know me personally, who know my daughter Amy personally, and who are born-again Christians.  If you do not fit into all of those categories, I will not be offended if you just don’t bother reading this.

Now, the story:
Amy graduates from Evangel University with a B.S. in Health Science on May 4 AND graduates from Cox School of Nursing with a B.S. in Nursing on May 11.  Amy has a job as a Pediatric Nurse at Cox South Medical Center in Springfield, Missouri.  Amy is about to turn 22.  She was born in May of 1985 and I was Ordained in May of 1985 so that month means a ot to us.  In fact, Amy was born on Mother’s Day, so it was very special for Mary Ann, too.  Amy was approved by her church (Oak Grove Assembly of God in Springfield, Missouri) to join their Haiti Missions team for June 2007.  Amy will be doing medical work on this trip- there’s a whole group from the church going.  (Amy got special permission from Cox South to get time off for this trip.)
Today Amy e-mailed me that Oak Grove has only received a few hundred dollars toward her trip.  She needs QUITE A BIT more or she won’t be going.  As a Dad, that was a tough one to read.  I remember my 2 Haiti Missions trips (1990 and 1991).  I put out solicitation mailings for those and the money just rolled in.  Amy has not been so fortunate.  If I had it, I’d just send $1000 toward the trip.  I don’t.  Mary Ann and I have barely put aside $500 for when we go to Missouri.  Our church has also been running seriously behind financially. The church as an entity has no money to donate toward Amy’s trip, and right now, I personally don’t have anything.  
There MAY have been problems with donations for Amy having been sent to Oak Grove Assembly of God but the money never being properly credited as being for Amy’s trip.  We’re trying to sort that one out.  
If anyone could send ANYTHING for Amy’s trip- even $20 is not too little- make the check out to “Oak Grove Assembly of God” and put “Amy Baril Haiti Trip” in the memo.  I don’t want to list Amy’s address on the blog but if you e-mail me, I’ll give it to you.  I’d rather you mailed the check to Amy and she can turn it in to the church so we make sure it doesn’t get misplaced or misunderstood at the church.
I know this is VERY forward and VERY pushy of me.  I know.  But if you want to do something special for Amy’s graduation, this is what you can do.

God bless!
BOB BARIL - My e-mail is  revrbaril@aol.com

No comments: