Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A VERY SPECIAL "THE BLOG OF BOB BARIL"

My inspiration for the title was from the title of a posting by my friend Michelle McElroy on www.thisisframingham.com
The following is the exact text of a mass e-mail I sent out to many in my address book today.  I also wanted to post it here.   I pray you'll read this very carefully and give it some thought:

From:  PASTOR  BOB  BARIL,
FIRST  ASSEMBLY  OF  GOD  OF  FRAMINGHAM,  MASSACHUSETTS
To:  People who have known Joanne & Bill L.  and their family over the years; AND clergy friends of mine; AND personal friends and family of mine:

“Fatherless  Kids  and  a  26-year-old widow”:

On Tuesday, June 3, at 1:30 a.m., highway construction worker ROBERT  AUGERI  of Londonderry, NH, was killed instantly
in a highway construction accident on Route 495 in the Lawrence, MA area.  
ROBERT AUGERI WAS KILLED ON HIS 31st BIRTHDAY.
He left a widow, 26-year-old Kimberly, and 3 little children under age 6, one of whom could not understand why Mommy was not baking a birthday cake for Daddy.

I have know Kimberly’s grandparents (Joanne and Bill L.)  well for over 20 years as they’ve been active and faithful Members at the church I pastor; and they’ve been friends.  I’ve also know Kimberly’s Dad, Cliff, not REAL well, but I do know Cliff as a decent, hardworking “stand up” kind of a guy.

During the first few years I pastored in Framingham (roughly 1987 to 1992) Grandmother Joanne and “Papa” Bill brought many of their grandchildren, including Kimberly, to Sunday School at our church on a fairly regular basis.

There is a fund for the Augeri Family which has been set up at TDBankNorth in Londonderry, NH.  The bank’s address and phone number are as follows:

TDBankNorth
62 Nashua RD
Londonderry, NH 03053
603-432-5111

Checks and Money Orders can be made out to “Robert Augeri Family Fund” and sent to TDBankNorth-Londonderry at the above address.  I’m not sure if donations can be received from credit or debit cards, but I’m sure the bank can give you that information if you are interested.

On Sunday evening, June 22, at our church’s 6:30 p.m. Communion service, we’ll be receiving our Communion offering for the “Robert Augeri Family Fund” and will send off a check to TDBankNorth-Londonderry for whatever amount is received that night. If you’re a regular attender at First Assembly of God of Framingham, you can plan to give in that offering if you like.

For those of you who know how to pray, please remember to pray for Kimberly and her children.  They’ll need our prayers in the days ahead.

If you would like to communicate with me, I can generally be reached during business hours at 508-875-5030 or at   revrbaril@aol.com  or  agframingham@aol.com

No comments: