Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FOLLOW UP to "The Interview"

I am grateful for friends and family. As my friend Denny Seler has said, "We are not called to be INDEPENDENT. We are called to be INTERDEPENDENT." We really do need each other.

Between the blog posting entitled "THE INTERVIEW" itself and personal e-mails, I heard from 17 people today.

Regarding saying "yes" to involvement with the cyber radio station, 13 people told me to "go for it". Among those were some very strong and encouraging comments. 4 were cautious and could not absolutely commit themselves to a "yes" or a "no". Zero told me to say "no" to this.

I have prayed, and today I told the Exec. V.P. there "YES" that I will go to the training session (for just me!) on Sat. at 2.

Most people need several training sessions to learn to work the board, etc. I am not real technical, so I will need God's help.

The real name of the business is Cyberstation U.S. A. (Cameo Entertainment). They very much do NOT want the novice broadcasters paying the sponsor fees. They want each person to get at least one sponsor. If my weekly half hour program goes "on the air" on the internet in a few weeks, it will have to be with a sponsor paying. The fee is actually NOT all that bad. (I remember what our church paid for a weekly 15 minute program on the old J-Light Radio...we paid more for that than Cyberstation is asking for a half hour.)

If my program goes "on the air" and then starts getting a lot of hits and multiple time slots, I can start making income from it.

I remember from the old days that before Tim Horton at J-Light had me on the air live, eventually for some paid stuff, I (that is, the church I pastor) had been a paying customer for awhile. I guess in the business this is not all that unusual.

If anyone wants any more information about being a sponsor, please let me know.

On a personal level, I'm still in a desperate financial situation as is the church I pastor. In one sense, I'm thinking, "I'm going to take THIS on, on top of everything else? What am I, crazy?" But on the other hand, it could be a great open door from God. Unlike broadcast radio, once I get on, people will be able to listen all over the country and the world.

I do covet your prayers about my personal financial situation and the church financial situation; and I covet your prayers for the success of this endeavor on Cyberstation U.S.A. Unless you have a computer that's over 5 years old, you can probably find Cyberstation U.S.A. on your computer and listen to it.

It's found at www.dqrm.com

Thank you. I deeply appreciate my friends and family who are "there for me" !

3 comments:

Bob Baril said...

I feel like I'm giving the Senate Primary election results, but I have heard from a few more people since I posted this. The latest vote is 15 saying "go for it"; 5 saying "don't know" and 0 saying "don't". If you haven't put your 2 cents in, I'd still love to hear from you in a blog posting OR by e-mail at revrbaril@aol.com

Bob Baril said...

I guess when you're the doing the most posting to your own blog you MAYBE have a reason to be concerned?!
I did get my first "no" response to my "Interview" query. It WAS from someone I highly respect, but it's still only 1. Thus far I have 16 saying "go for it"' 5 saying "don't know" and 1 saying "don't". At this point, I'm going ahead with it, but I do value your comments (and e-mails at revrbaril@aol.com )

Amy said...

I say go for it, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain