Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A GREAT SONG!

“And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.” (Revelation 14:3)

Do you ever have the experience of having a song “stuck” in your head all day...just as if you’re hearing it on a radio or CD player, but it’s just in YOUR head?! Well, that happens to me a lot! There ARE very unpleasant songs that can get stuck in your head, but there are some great songs which you really don’t mind being stuck in your head.

Yesterday “Open Up The Sky” by Deluge was stuck in my head all day. It made my day!

Not long ago, I wrote a post about my 5 favorite secular songs and my 5 favorite Christian songs. Well, this one has become one of my favorite Christian songs, so it’s at least in my “Top 10” of Christian songs, and may even have edged out one of my previous top 5!

I’m sure my non-evangelical Christian friends have never heard of the song. You may be leery about listening to it...maybe thinking it’s some boring song you’d hate. I don’t think you will hate it, in fact, I think even most non-evangelical Christians would like the song.

The song’s about 18 months old, but our church only started singing it recently. I just LOVE it. The music is GREAT- and the words are awesome and inspiring.
There are several youtube sites which feature it. My son will laugh his head off that I still don’t know how to post a direct link on a blog posting. Please don’t laugh. It wasn’t too many years ago that I did not even know how to turn on a computer, and up until about 3 years ago I thought a “blackberry” was a small berry to eat. So you can just cut and paste each of these links and watch them.

Warning: you’ll get the song stuck in your head, but I think you’ll like it!

This one shows the band singing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPOKbgNP1ik

This one merely features the song and the words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0nwekTbYHg&feature=related

Will you do me a favor and e-mail me or comment here to let me know what you thought of the song?

Hope all of you have a great New Year’s Day!

No comments: