Monday, February 22, 2010

FOLLOW UP about God Encounter

"And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." (I Corinthians 2)

Sue Metcalf posted a nice comment at my "God Encounter" posting saying she'd like to hear about how the "God Encounter" service went. Someone DID leave a nice comment there about the service. I ended up having a horrendously stressful week and even a horrendously stressful afternoon on Sunday. In spite of that, God did mightily anoint me to preach and did meet people in a sweet and definite way as they prayed during the latter part of the service. Pastor Rob Woods of New Hope Church in Marlboro was there. We spoke on the phone today. He said he loved the service and was thoroughly refreshed and ministered to. I did not know Rob loves Johnny Cash music. My son played a couple of Johnny Cash's Christian recordings including "In the Garden" during the prayer time and that really made Pastor Rob's night!

No comments: