Wednesday, February 10, 2010

APOLOGY AND CLARIFICATION

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

Regarding my (Monday) story in cyberspace (blog and e-mail) about my car and no brakes: My wife Mary Ann was very disappointed in me, and so it’s fitting I offer an apology and clarification.

Like most people, Mary Ann’s a very private person. (My parents were even more private than she is, so I do understand that.) Sometime ago, Mary Ann asked me to be very careful to never say anything in cyberspace about our personal finances, and I did agree to that.

Mary Ann is very disappointed that I have stated I need a car and especially that my AAA situation on Monday was questionable because I haven’t been able to pay the renewal yet.

I’m not sure if me telling about my car’s “extreme sicknesses” violates my agreement to not say anything about our personal finances... I think it’s kind of “gray” but I can see that it could be viewed and interpreted that way.

The part about the AAA account status added to the intensity of my story on Monday because with all that was going on, I was very close to being denied the tow. Upon further reflection, THAT part of my story definitely violated my agreement with Mary Ann and just should not have been included. I should have been much more careful and thoughtful about what I was writing, and I should have left that out.

I am sorry for hurting and disappointing my wife, and if any readers were confused or offended in any way by any of my recent writing, especially my car stories, I am truly sorry.

I am very grateful for my wife, my friends, and all those who are in my life and who love me enough to help me stay on the “strait and narrow” way.

No comments: