Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DENNIS COLE: A VERY SPECIAL BROTHER IN CHRIST

“and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;” (Colossians 3:23)

I know I've written about actor and minister Dennis Cole on this blog in the past. Dennis and I had a wonderful phone conversation yesterday, and I want to write about him again today.

A couple of years ago, my wife Mary Ann and I attended “Webstock”, the special annual summer outreach event of Faith Assembly of God in Webster, MA. At the time, Rick Amendola was pastor. (Rick was also my Assemblies of God Presbyter- kind of like an “area minister” in the Baptist churches. Rick now pastors in Haverhill, MA.) Webstock was happening on a Friday night and a Saturday afternoon in August.

Friday night was rainy and Webstock had to be moved from Webster Lake to the church’s sanctuary. The music was great, and the special guest, Dennis Cole, was OUTSTANDING. Dennis is an Ordained Minister and professional actor from Albuquerque, New Mexico. It would probably be inappropriate to say Dennis “performed”. More than performing, he ministered! That night, Dennis ministered “The Book of James”.

You may be tempted to think: “I know..one guy in costume doing the Book of James...a real snooze, right?” WRONG! Dennis involved members of the audience at various points in his dramatic presentation. It was RIVETING! Dennis led us ultimately to an altar call. A number of visitors responded to the call to receive Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Savior that night. A number of others responded for various areas of recommitment...including me.

I had never experienced anything quite like it and I was deeply moved.

On Saturday, I went to Webstock at Webster Lake. There Dennis Cole ministered “The Sermon on the Mount”...also very powerful and a great witness to the crowds at that picnic site. I couldn’t imagine Dennis would EVER agree to come and minister at our very small church in Framingham, but I gave him my card and asked him to call me. I was shocked that Dennis DID call me. We had Dennis Cole at our church twice...each time the attendance was good, the services powerful, and the altar calls mightily anointed as Dennis Cole ministered in several Gifts of the Holy Spirit including the Word of Knowledge.

I’ve recommended Dennis Cole to some pastor friends before. On my recommendation, he ministered at Bethany Christian Center (AG) in Mendon, MA where Phil McCutchen is pastor and at Leominster (MA) Assembly of God where Mark Boucher is pastor. I know he also has ministered several other times for Pastor Rick Amendola.

I appreciate Dennis Cole. For reasons I guess only God and he know, he’s had what serious evangelical Christians call a “burden” for me as a person and for the ministries God has given me. Dennis prays regularly for me, and had a heart for the Framingham church I pastored. If you’re a pastor or a church lay leader, I want to encourage you to invite Dennis Cole to come and minister at your church sometime. I can attest that Dennis will go to the smallest of churches. Our church took care of his hotel room and took love offerings for him. Of course, if a church is larger and able to, he appreciates help with travel expenses, too.

Please check out Dennis Cole’s “Dramatic Christian Ministries” website
at
http://dcministries.com

I have Dennis Cole’s cell phone number in case you’d like to speak to him personally. Really, If you have Dennis Cole come to your church, you and your church will be greatly blessed!

No comments: