Sunday, April 4, 2010

CRAZY EASTER SUNDAY HEADLINE!

“A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22 New King James Version)

What a sports headline I read on Easter Sunday morning: “Satan the Savior for Bruins”. That was on page 1 of the sports section of the April 4, 2010 MetroWest Daily News. The story was continued on page 4, where the secondary headline on read, “Satan Leads Bruins to win in OT”.

To appreciate that secondary heading, please be reminded that I (along with a number of other ministers) usually use “OT” in my preaching and teaching notes for “Old Testament”.

“Wow, Satan led the Bruins to a win in the Old Testament?! It must be in an obscure book! Maybe they were a pagan Canaanite tribe?!”

I will admit I’m not much of a hockey fan. I did not know there was a “Satan” on the Boston Bruins team! I learned that his name is: Miroslav Satan

The story is found at:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/pros_and_colleges/x905414124/Bruins-2-Maple-Leafs-1-OT-Satan-the-savior-for-Bs

Here are some excerpts from the story which may have you laughing as it did me on Easter Sunday morning:

“Satan had both goals for Boston (36-30-12), which has scored just five times in four games.”


“Satan managed to get the puck behind Gustavsson, but it was swept to safety by Phaneuf.”

Yes, Satan led the Bruins to victory on Easter weekend, and the Rex Sox Opening Day, (well, it’s “Opening NIGHT”) game is on Easter Sunday night against the Yankees.

You can’t make this stuff up!

No comments: