Saturday, September 4, 2010

FOLLOW UP TO "Is Hurricane Earl Coming?"

Well, it's Saturday morning around 9:25 a.m. here in Framingham, MA. In response to my post from earlier this week, "Is Hurricane Earl Coming?" it was pretty much a DUD in Framingham. As I write, it's around 75 degrees outside with blue skies and low humidity. There IS a breeze, but no high winds. Hurricane Earl passed quite a bit further southeast of New England than was expected a few days ago. My understanding is that Nantucket Island DID in fact truly experience hurricane conditions, and parts of Cape Cod had pretty severe tropical storm conditions. Framingham and Boston's MetroWest suburbs were just too far northwest of the hurricane to experience much of anything. It did rain for several hours, and I believe it rained hard for awhile during the night, but there was virtually NO wind. To get up this morning, you'd NEVER know there had been a hurricane close by!

My daughter Rachel is very disappointed as she wanted to see a hurricane, but I'm really glad we did not get it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

glad you guys didn't get the hurricane or the damage that comes with them. sorry rach.