Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LIGHTNING STRIKE!

“And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. “ (Luke 10:18)

This may well be the SHORTEST post I’ve ever put on the blog, but I just had to share with you what I saw this morning!

Boston’s MetroWest suburbs had some pretty vivid thunderstorms around 7 o’clock this morning. These were the kind of storms with dramatic cloud to ground lightning bolts. Today was my “John 17:23 Pastors’ Group” in Hopkinton. (Well, I know I’m not pastoring right now, but these guys are nice enough to still allow me to attend!) I sat in the car at a red light at Franklin and Mount Wayte Streets in Framingham by the Kathleen Daniel Nursing Home. Directly in front of me were the two radio towers at the old Fairbanks Broadcasting building, where J-Light Christian radio used to broadcast, among other stations. Suddenly, a lightning bolt HIT one of the towers!!

Wow!!

It would have made a SPECTACULAR photo!!

I almost couldn’t believe what I was seeing! That was MAYBE a tenth of a mile in front of me! The flashing red lights for THAT transmission tower were instantly knocked out.

I think that is the closest I have ever been to a lightning strike!

One time, around 1973, I was walking across the campus of Stonehill College in Easton, MA and a lighting bolt fell about an eighth of a mile away, and THAT was also pretty scary!

Just had to share that one! Too bad there wasn’t a photo of it! It would have been great for Michelle McElory’s “This Is Framingham” blog!

No comments: