Monday, April 23, 2012

A NEW DAY: SUNDAY, MAY 6

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Associate Pastor Janis Collette opened yesterday's Sunday morning service by reading from Isaiah chapter 55, including the above verses.

What's that famous saying: something about, "the best laid plans of mice and men..."?
Yes, for Earth Day, I'd invited any brother in Christ to join me to come and have fellowship and pray at Webster Lake Beach and Recreation Area, which is only about a five minute walk from where I live. Well, I hadn't anticipated the huge rainstorm that would hit for April 22 & 23. I was a bit disappointed, but there's jut no way we could have gathered for a time of prayer and fellowship with the rain, wind, and cold. I've got an important church function to attend next Sunday afternoon, but I'm planning to move the "Earth Day" prayer and fellowship to Sunday, May 6 at 3:15 p.m. I hope you can join me.

Here is the original piece I posted a few days ago; just change the date from April 22 to May 6 and pretty much everything else remains the same:

"I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." (I Timothy 2:8)

Earth Day is this coming Sunday, April 22.
I am blessed to live a 5 minute walk from the Webster (Mass.) Lake and Recreation Area.
I often walk down there to enjoy the scenery and pray on Sunday afternoons.
I feel the Lord has put it on my heart to pray especially for our country and its needs
on Earth Day, and I'll be doing that on Sunday afternoon, April 22;
walking to the lake, enjoying the Earth, and praying to God. Although I usually reserve such times as precious times for myself, I feel strongly that the Lord wants me to open this up to any Christian brothers who would like to join me. I'm planning on walking over to the Lake Beach and Recreation Area around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday, April 22. This whole thing should take slightly over an hour.

For anyone who joins me, we can stop at one of the nearby eating places such as Lake Pizza and Restaurant afterward and grab a bite to eat and fellowship. If you'd like to know more and/or you'd like to join me, please e-mail me at
revrbaril@aol.com

Brothers, I am serious: I would love to have you join me on April 22 and to bring a friend. Don't hesitate to contact me for more information. I believe God will meet us on April 22 in a special way!

BOB BARIL

No comments: