Friday, May 30, 2014

EPILOGUE ON MAY 29 UNITED PRAYER SERVICE

"...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (from James 5:16)

 Hi!

The word "epilogue" means "the last word" or "in addition". I wanted to just share a few "wrap up" thoughts about last night's "United Prayer Service" which was held at Philadelphia Baptist Church in downtown Framingham:

Overall, it was very good.

I will say the attendance was the lowest we've had for any of these "United Prayer Services" and I think this was the 4th (or maybe the 5th) one we've had. I think if the attendance had been so low for the first or the second time I would have been very discouraged. Ironically, I was not discouraged at all about the attendance; nor was Bob Gill who is the Director of this ministry of getting the MetroWest area churches together for prayer. We never had better weather for one of these services and the temperature inside Philadelphia Baptist was not too hot and not too cold but JUST RIGHT!

Due to some logistical issues, this prayer service had to be held on a Thursday night. I think that may have been an issue. All of the previous prayer services were on Friday nights and I think Fridays works better for most people.

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS VERY POSITIVE, "PUMPED UP", CHRIST-CENTERED, FAITH FILLED, AND VERY ENJOYABLE!

A few weeks ago as I was thinking and praying about exactly WHAT format to use for the May 29 service, the Lord reminded me of a format we used several times when I was pastoring (and I originally learned about this format from my friend Pastor Phil in Mendon.) I printed up 12 areas of prayer focus (with supporting Scriptures) on a sheet of paper and photocopied it. We passed those out last night. We spent about 3-7 minutes on each area, with various ones praying aloud for each area of prayer focus and all of us agreeing in prayer... we focused on "EVANGELISM", "REVIVAL", "DELIVERANCE", "YOUTH", and eight other areas.

That format has worked well for me in the past, but I was concerned that it COULD "fall flat" and even become boring. I spent much time praying about this ahead of time and I believe the Lord gave me lots of specific direction about how to LEAD this prayer meeting. I give God the Glory: IT WENT VERY WELL and was not at all boring! We really had the sense that we were "doing business for God" in the unseen realms, and I believe WE WERE!!

Bob Gill opened this service by playing some great worship music on CD over the church's sound system, and he closed with a really "cranked up" song over the sound system!

I started the service at 7:05 and we totally wrapped it up at 9:10. Honestly, I left physically tired BUT emotionally and spiritually refreshed, and knowing God had really "come through" for us!

Now, I called this an "EPILOGUE" but it is NOT a "last word" on the "United Prayer Services" (only on LAST NIGHT'S service)!!
The next one of these "United Prayer Services" will be on Friday evening, June 27; starting at 7. At this point, the location is "TO BE ANNOUNCED". Please mark that date and time on your calendar and please plan to attend. You'll be hearing more about it soon.

I am not sure what the format will be on June 27- honestly, I will be sincerely seeking the Lord for direction about this.

God bless you,
BOB BARIL
(You're welcome to pass on this information to others!)

No comments: