Thursday, September 7, 2006

IT'S COMCASTIC!

“...for the labourer is worthy of his hire...” (from LUKE 10:7)

I took a bit of flack from some people for my recent postings “knocking” NorthWest Airlines and Framingham’s Meineke Car Care Center.  For those of you who disliked those, I do hope you like this one.  Today I want to say some positive things about Comcast.  Admittedly, I’ve heard some criticisms of Comcast’s TELEPHONE service, but I don’t have that service, and thus I can’t speak to it.  I also don’t use Comcast for internet.  I DO use Comcast for Cable television, and I’m quite happy with them.

Our Comcast remote “gave up the ghost” a few days ago.  It had been kind of “acting up” for awhile.  We’ve got several T.V. sets in the house, but the only one that’s hooked up to Cable is the 27-inch living room set.  We’ve had that particular Comcast remote for four years, since they upgraded us up to Digital Cable from the analog we’d had since 1988.  Of course the remote had been dropped and temporarily lost more times than I’d care to count.  I remember that back in the 1990s , it used to cost $25 to buy a replacement remote at Comcast (which was ATT before it was Comcast, and was Mass. Cablevision before that).  On Tuesday I walked into Comcast’s  office behind Midway Chrysler-Jeep on Burr Avenue in Framingham.  I fully expected to pay at least $25 for a new remote.  To my surprise, I learned that current remotes cost only $6, but that if I’d agree to turn in my old remote, the new one would be FREE. On my word of honor, Chip from the office let me walk away with a free remote, and I drove my old one in within the hour.  Chip couldn’t have been nicer or more considerate.

In fact, all of my dealings with Comcast have been very good.  We’re always a little behnd on our Cable bill, but when I walk in to make payments, I’m always treated well and never given a bad time about being a little behind.  We don’t often have problems with the Cable service, but when we do, the company has been first-rate about correcting any problems.

Framingham is very fortunate in that we have cable T.V. competition.  There are two cable companies to choose from.  I know that most Framingham residents know the name of the other company.  I have nothing personally against the other company, but I’m so pleased with Comast that I have no plans to switch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for a free new remote!