Friday, March 30, 2007

"OLD CATCAN" AND LIPATOR (extra entry)

(This is not one of my usual well-written philosophical, reflective, thoughtful pieces.  Today I'm just wondering about a couple of things...)

LAST THINGS FIRST:  Lipator.
Have you seen the new Lipator commercial on television which features a doctor?  Is it just me, or does that doctor look remarkably like President George W. Bush?

AND:
There was a person who often posted on my blog with the name "OldCatcan".  If his purpose was to BUG me about WHO he was and how he knew some of the stuff he knew...he succeeded!  If what he said was true:  OldCatcan spent a lot of time in the U.S. military service.  He has visited (and possibly spent a lot of time) in Africa.  He knew my father, the late Eugene A. Baril and apparently had been to my father's residence in Canton.  He has also visited the church I pastor in Framingham, although not recently.  His postings indicated he is an intelligent and inquisitive person.

I may have scared OldCatcan because sometime ago above one of his postings I asked him about who is really is and he disappeared.  I don't think he's posted anything in around 5 months.  I wonder if this will bring OldCatcan out of the woodwork!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately it is on almost everytime I turn the tv on.  He is the doctor who invented the artificial heart.  I don't see the resemblance  but I will pay more attention the next time.

Anonymous said...

This commercial comes on at least 5 times during any program I'm watching.  It's amazing! It follows me around from channel to channel.  Maybe it's because everytime I see it I switch the channel and Voila! there's the same commercial on that channel too!  I can't stand the man's voice for some reason.  And I don't think he looks like George Bush either.  Have you noticed that anytime you switch from one channel to another to avoid a commercial, there's a commercial on that channel too?  I think they've all agreed to put their commercials on at the same time just to frustrate us!