Saturday, May 12, 2007

BOB BARIL IS BACK!

I don't think I could come up with a song as good as the early 1960s'  "My Boyfriend's Back!"  but I am back from Springfield, Missouri.

I am very proud of my daughter Amy's 2 Bachelor's Degrees and 2 graduation ceremonies.  I'm also proud that I was part of her nurse's "Pinning" ceremony.

As you can imagine, I will have a "phenominal" amount of work to attend to in the next 3-4 days.  When I am able, I will write on the blog and will try to share some highlights from the Springfield, MO trip.

For starters:  Bob Barker of  "The Price is Right" was in Springfield to speak at Drury University's commencement.  It turns out Springfield, Missouri is his home town.  I did not get to see him, but I was close!

Also, did you know Brad Pitt is originally from Springfield, Missouri?  I met someone who has met Brad's mother on several occasions.

Well, I visited an amazing cave in Branson, Missouri and did "tons of stuff".  Hope to share some with you.

As those who read this blog can tell, I really needed this trip.  I don't think I realized how badly burned out I was until I got a vacation.  God did use this to very much refresh and renew me!

No comments: