Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ONE IN 1461

My cousin Marilyn is one of the all time nicest people you would ever want to meet!  In fact, she’s one in 1461!

She’s a LEAP YEAR BABY...born on February 29 during a leap year.  Thus, Marilyn only has a “real” birthday once every 4 years! 

I would tell you how old she’s going to be this year, but I know women sometimes feel funny about revealing their ages!  I will say she’s within a few years of my age. 

There was a great article in Tuesday’s MetroWest Daily News about LEAP YEAR BABIES.  One thing I didn’t know is that the birth date February 29 really confuses Departments of Motor Vehicles and many times Leap Year Babies have trouble renewing their driver’s licenses.

I know most of you don’t know my cousin Marilyn PERSONALLY.  And I know it might seem really strange to send a birthday greeting to someone you don’t even know;  but since she is a Leap Year baby, and only gets a “real” birthday once every 4 years, I thought it would be really cool if she received a whole bunch of HAPPY BIRTHDAY e-mails on or just before FEBRUARY 29. 

For obvious reasons I’m not going to tell you Marilyn’s last name (it’s NOT Baril) nor am I going to give you any other personal information, but I will say her e-mail address is

haymarbil@aol.com



Would you do something really nice for a Leap Year baby?

Sometime between now and the evening of Friday, February 29, would you send an e-mail to Marilyn at

haymarbil@aol.com

Just have the subject say “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” and the message could say something like:
“I’m a friend of Bob Baril’s, wishing you a very Happy Birthday!”

or just
“Happy Birthday!”

I’ll be interested to learn how many Happy Birthday greetings Marilyn receives.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Aunt was a leap year birthday.  So this caught my attention. I sent her an e card.  I read your blog I very rarely reply but this was special.  I hope Marilyn has a marvelous day

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sue, that was truly so nice of you!