Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THREE MILLION PENNIES

"...ye have not, because ye ask not."  (from James 4:3)

I was really intrigued by a newspaper story I read on Tuesday.

The front page of the Tuesday, February 19, 2008  MetroWest Daily News featured a photo of a 17-year-old named Adam Engel and a story about him entitled "Coin operated".  Although it was a front page story in the actual paper, I don't think it made it to the on-line version of the MetroWest Daily News, which is unusual.

Adam Engel is trying to raise 3 million pennies to pay for his first year of college.  He's got to be either brilliant, lazy, innovative, eccentric or a combination of all of the above.

You may want to check out Adam Engel's blog at
http://threemillionpennies.blogspot.com

What do you think?  Is he brilliant, lazy, innovative, eccentric or a combination of all of the above?

FINALLY, maybe I'm a sap, but I mailed Adam Engel off a dollar bill (equal to 100 pennies) and an encouraging note.  Right or wrong, Adam reminds me a lot of me at that age; and I suppose he's even a bit like me right now!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel bad for whoever he gets to help roll them all.... and for the bank he uses...