Friday, April 18, 2008

FOLLOW UP TO "BY THE BOOK"

On April 10 I posted an entry entitled, "By the Book" in which I complained about not receiving current national Assemblies of God directories.  I ended up going to the Assemblies of God national website and sending a complaint letter by e-mail to the General Secretary's office.  To my surprise, in today's mail I received the 2007 Directories and the 2007 General Council Minutes and latest Constitution and Bylaws.

As I wrote earlier, normally those always came by mail in the Fall around Thanksgiving.  And, as I posted in the earlier entry, I had contacted my local Assemblies of God District Office who told them they believed the national office in Springfield, Missouri has "gone digital".  Well, obviously they're still publishing those hard cover books, and for the somewhat compulsive and perfectionistic Bob Baril, all is again right with the world.  I wonder if they were just VERY late this year in mailing out the directories or if their policy now is that they're not going to mail them out unless you request them.  (You know me, I've already e-mailed the national office to ask that question!)

Except for Assemblies of God ministers and total geeks, I know I've bored the readers to tears, but I felt I had to give a follow up to the "By the Book" posting.
Does it pay to speak up and complain?  As long as a person is not a jerk about it, I believe it does!

No comments: