Thursday, April 10, 2008

SHOUT TO THE LORD - YEAH!

“It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most high:” (Psalm 92:1)

Wow!  Did you see “American Idol” on Thursday night (April 10)?!  I have to say I was completely blown away but VERY pleased!  The American Idol finalists sang the famous “Hillsongs” Contemporary Christian worship “hit” “Shout to the Lord”!  That’s a favorite worship song at First Assembly of God of Framingham and at thousands of Pentecostal, Charismatic, and Evangelical churches throughout the English-speaking world.  It’s a BEAUTIFUL song with POWERFUL lyrics.  They did NOT “sugar coat” it on “American Idol”.  They did NOT tone it down.  They sang, “My Jesus, My Savior...” to start, as it’s supposed to be sung.

I’ve really enjoyed The Beatles and other great pop stuff this year, but (corny as it may sound) I was alone in my living room yelling “YEAH!!” louder than Randy Jackson ever could have.

For my born-again Christian friends, I know ,  I know ; singing a Christian praise song doesn’t necessarily mean you’re “saved”.  It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re Heaven bound.  That’s true.  But with the cesspool of stuff that’s on modern television I was DELIGHTED by this.

THANK YOU, AMERICAN IDOL!  THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE GUTS TO PRESENT THAT SONG!  YOU ROCK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They DID?? I have not yet seen one episode of it!!

Anonymous said...

i missed it too, amy... so i did not see it. oh well