Friday, April 18, 2008

FOLLOW UP TO "JAY SEVERIN & VINYL SIDING"

I guess this is the day for "follow ups"!  Yesterday, I e-mailed the advertising people at WTKK Boston complaining about Jay Severin's ad for Lifetime Exteriors in which he really puts down vinyl sided houses (and for all intents and purposes, the people who live in those houses).  I recommended the copy be re-written and re-recorded.  I was pleasantly surprised today to hear that THEY LISTENED AND THERE'S A NEW AD!  The new ad is much better.  In the new ad Jay says he doesn't want to live in a "plastic house" but it comes across as MUCH less elitist and much less offensive regarding vinyl siding.  I had also stated that I wasn't even sure what the name of the company was that Jay was advertising, and that was stated very clearly in the new ad.

Thank you WTKK and thank you Jay Severin.  I'm sure Lifetime Exteriors thanks you, too, because it's a much better ad and I think it will bring in more business than the old one would have.

No comments: