Monday, August 4, 2008

DIANNE'S YARD SALE

“And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;
that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.” (Luke 16:9)

Every year my sister has a big yard sale on a Saturday at her home in Canton.
 This year's is THIS coming Saturday!  I always have a table selling
automotive collectibles, and I'll have such a table this year.  The following is the
exact text of a U.S. mailing I sent out to 25 of my regular customers today.  
If you know any Classic Car Affectionados, please let them know about this.  
IN ADDITION, I'D LOVE TO HAVE READERS OF THIS BLOG COME BY ON SATURDAY AND SAY
"HELLO", so please come by this Saturday and say "HELLO"!

THIS IS THE TEXT OF THE U.S. MAILING THAT WENT OUT TODAY (Monday):

    FROM  BOB BARIL, P.O. BOX 4702, FRAMINGHAM, MA 01704
revrbaril@aol.com                 
http://journals.aol.com/revrbaril/TheBlogofBobBaril/
====================================================

Monday, August 4, 2008
WHO  WOULD  EVER  WANT  TO  BUY  30  to  60  YEAR OLD COLLECTIBLE  
MASSACHUSETTS  AUTO  INSPECTION  STICKERS  AND/OR MINT CONDITION EARLY 1980s
MASSACHUSETTS  MOTORCYCLE  PLATES  WHICH  CAME  FROM  THE  R.M.V.  BACK ROOMS 
AND  WERE  NEVER  ON  “BIKES”?  

YOU WOULD ?!    GREAT !!    Please   read  on:

                        I Bob Baril will have my own table at my
                        sister’s big Canton yard sale on
                        SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, 2008!

                        Although her yard sale starts at 8, please
                        note that MY TABLE WILL ONLY
                        BE OPEN FROM 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. !
(SPECIAL PRICES AND DEALS FOR THIS SATURDAY’S YARD SALE ONLY!)
(I’ll be at a seminar in the New York City area on Thursday and Friday of
this week and will probably get home to Framingham late Friday, so I will need
rest and recuperation before the yard sale!  Please be patient! I’ll be there by
10 a.m.!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some  of what  I  will   have  for  sale  on  Saturday-

1,  Collectible MA inspection stickers from late 1930s thru early 1980s.
(sorry: 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958  NOT available).  THESE will sell for $3 per
sticker or 4 stickers for $10.  (all stickers are actually worth at least $5
apiece)

2.  I’ve got around 25 “BOOKS” of 1979 inspection stickers (exactly what the
auto shops had and tore the individual stickers out of).  MOST CONTAIN 100
STICKERS APIECE.  Some are partial.    COMPLETE BOOKS OF STICKERS WILL SELL FOR
$10. PER BOOK AND PARTIAL BOOKS WILL SELL FOR $5. PER BOOK. The individual
1979 stickers are worth $5. apiece.  Am I crazy?!  Maybe?!                        
                                              
3.  Then there are probably at least 100 of the mint condition early 1980s MA
motorcycle plates I wrote about above.  (They are worth $5 apiece to any
serious license plate collector!)  These mint motorcycle plates will sell for $3
apiece or 4 for $10.

4.  I also have boxes and boxes of handicapped plates from the 1970s...most
in mint condition.  My Dad spent a lot of time as “Supervisor of Medical
Affairs” at the R.M.V.  That’s why all the handicapped plates.  There is NOT a lot
of call for these handicapped plates so you can get a handful for a dollar.

5.  There may also be other “goodies” I will try to dig up.  I think I still
have a few Chilton auto repair books from the 1960s, for instance.

6.  KNOW ANYBODY who is into antique military Jeeps as a hobby?  I have a
whole (huge) bin of M38A1 Jeep parts that I’d practically give away!

LOCATION OF THE YARD SALE:
99 Independence Street, Canton, MA 02021
(corner of Prospect and Independence Sts.)
near Dean S. Luce Elementary School
only one mile from downtown Canton.
near Sherman Street and Pleasant Street.

The  weather on Saturday morning and early afternoon is supposed to be very
good but IN CASE OF RAIN THE YARD SALE WILL BE CANCELLED so carefully watch the
weather!

 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go to the yard sale :(