Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"WHEN BLACK IS WHITE" (extra entry)

I urge you to check out Jennie Maroney's OUTSTANDING letter to the Editor "When Black is White" in the Wednesday, February 28, 2007 MetroWest Daily News.  (The MWDN can also be fund on-line at www.MetroWestDailyNews.com)

Jennie has done a great job defending and praising State Senator Scott Brown.

I have been absolutely disgusted by the way Scott Brown has been treated in the media.   The worst part has been callers to talk radio trashing Scott Brown as if he were at best Howard Stern and at worst some lowlife scrawuling obscenities on a wall someplace.

Senator Scott Brown is a class act guy.  It is a disgrace that statements against Scott Brown and his daughter Aiyla Brown featuing the worst kind of profanities and obscenities were posted on-line  by King Philip High School students.  When Brown appeared as a guest at the school and read verbatim the statements that had been made by them, HE was condemned!  This has deeply bothered me.  I had seriously considered writing a blog piece about it, and because of some past incidents, I was so nervous of being accused of approving of profanity and obscenity that even I allowed political correctness to silence me.  Today, I'm ashamed of that.  I SHOULD have spoken out!

Jennie Maroney deserves a round of applause, as does Senator Brown.

Thank you, Jennie!

God bless you, Senator Scott Brown!

"Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil; ..." (from Isaiah 5:20)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking a stand ... The world needs more people who will stand up for what is right ... I hope the Senator and his daughter are well grounded and don't fall prey into the hands of these no gooders ...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Bob!  Even though I'm still recovering from my surgery and not really ready to get back into the fight yet, this story about Sen. Scott Brown and the attacks on him cried out for a reply.  It is heartening to see that most of the letters printed do support Sen. Brown.  And now this decision by Judge Wolf about the Lexington parents!  Where is this country headed?

Jennie Maroney