Saturday, June 9, 2007

JAY SEVERIN AND MICHAEL GRAHAM ARE WELCOME TO REPLY

"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against
me, and I forgive him? till seven times?" (Matthew 18:21)

The Immigration Bill has gone down in flames in the U.S. Senate. FMTalk's
Jay Severin and Michael Graham are ecstatic. I don't think I'd say I'm
"ecstatic" but I am genuinely glad it's dead. It was overwhelmingly a bad idea.

I write this piece with fear and trembling for a couple of reasons:
1. I originally started the blog a year and a half ago because of an article
in a journal for ministers which strongly recommended that each pastor have
his own blog. It also strongly cautioned against pastors discussing anything
political on their blogs. Thus, in the past year and a half I've only written
three or four political pieces. This will be my most political piece, so far.
2. I'm going to make some positive points about John McCain and take a stand
against the constant bashing of John McCain being done by Michael Graham and
Jay Severin. This is hard because I like Jay Severin and I "love" "Brother
Justice Michael Graham" but I'm flat out sick of their bashing John McCain. If
Michael Graham or Jay Severin want to disagree with me, they're welcome to
e-mail me, and they're welcome to comment about me and my opinions on the air-
even if they want to bash me.

Well, HERE GOES:
John McCain WAS wrong about the Immigration Bill. He made some public
statements that he probably should NOT have. According to Mike Barnicle, John
McCain and a Senate opponent of the Bill angrily exchanged "F Bombs" when having a
heated public argument about it a few days ago. I don't condone McCain's
behavior and, again, I know McCain WAS wrong about this. Does that mean McCain
is some sort of Communist, anti-American, dirt bag jerk? According to Severin
and Graham: YES! According to me: NO,

I'll do a "Bob Dole" and speak in the 3rd Person. Has Bob Baril ever
advocated a position about something that was later proven to be stupid and
incorrect? Absolutely. Has Bob Baril ever uttered a stupid statement that he wished
he could take back? Absolutely. Has Bob Baril everacted in a way in the
pulpit that is unbecoming of a minister? With a red face, I say, yes. Has Bob
Baril ever said or done anything in asocial situation that was classless and
insensitive and stupid? Yes. Before you contact my denominational officials
and try to get me fired, YOU have said and done a number of stupid and erroneous
things you regret. We all have.

I know, I know, I'm not running for President of the U.S. That's true. But
I am a Minister of the Gospel which as far as God is concerned is a higher
calling.

If we look at the WHOLE of McCain's life...wow. It's quite a life. Now, I
can understand Severin and Graham bashing Teddy Kennedy. If you look at HIS
life- well it's a pretty sordid, sorry mess! It's one disaster after another.
His politics? For every GOOD thing, there are probably fifteen bad things.
Teddy Kennedy is not worthy to shine John McCain's shoes. Neither is Michael
Graham. Neither is Jay Severin. Neither is Bob Baril, for that matter. (In
fact, in 2000 Jay Severin endorsed and promoted John McCain like I've never heard anyone endorsed and promoted. ) Is Jay very loyal? Is Jay very consistent?
I don't think so.

I have to assume Jay Severin and Michael Graham enthusiastically want Hillary
Clinton elected President of the United States in 2008. If Hillary is the
2008 Democrat Nominee, and it's VERY likely, she stands to carry almost all of
the "biggest" states, especially of the northeast, upper Midwest, and far
west. If she does that, and picks up a smattering of other states around the
country, she becomes President.

If the race is Clinton vs. Romney, do you really think Romney will carry
Massachusetts? No way.

If the race is Clinton vs. Guliani, Guliani does have a slightly better shot,
but in the end, Clinton would carry Massachusetts.

Despite his strong support of "Bush's" Iraq War, McCain is loved and
respected by many Americans. He's loved by the "middle of the road" people who make
up at least 40% of the electorate. Ronald Reagan was also loved by the "middle
of the road". You HAVE to be loved and respected by the "middle of the road"
crowd, or you WON'T win. George McGovern was looked upon by "middle of the
roaders" as a left-wing nut in 1972 and he lost big. Barry Goldwater was
looked upon by "middle of the roaders" as a right-wing nut in 1964 and he lost big.
Although Ronald Reagan was solidly on the right on most issues, he knew how
to appeal to "middle of the road" voters.

All Michael Graham and Jay Severin have to do is conduct a straw poll of
their fellow broadcasters at 969 FMTalk and it will PROVE MY POINT! Mike
Barnicle would vote for John McCain over Hillary. So would Hank Morse. So would
Margorie Egan. Jim Braudie would PROBABLY vote for Hillary, but the Republican
who would most tempt him to go Republican is McCain.

This will be preserved forever in cyberspace so if I'm wrong, everybody will
know it forever, but if John McCain is NOT the Republican Nominee in 2008, we
will elect the Democrat- most likely Hillary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about Hillary Clinton winning the election scares me.  As the saying goes, "Stop the world. I want to get off".