Thursday, June 21, 2007

MISSOURI

“And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.”  (Revelation 7:1)

I’ve only been home from my previous Missouri trip for a little over 5 weeks and yet it seems like it’s been much longer than that.

On Monday, June 25, my 20-year-old daughter Rachel and I will leave in our 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan and drive to Springfield, Missouri.  (For all those who think this would be a great time to break into my residence, forget it!  My wife Mary Ann and my 24-year-old son Jon will be at home in my absence.)  Rachel and I are bringing my daughter Amy’s “stuff” to her- her dresser and other stuff.

I actually don’t really like driving all that distance, especially since I tend to be concerned that the vehicle could break down.  (Some of you know, I once spent several days stuck just outside Union, Missouri which is about 50 miles southwest of St. Louis.) I HAVE successfully made the MA to MO trip many times, however.  Rachel and I will likely stay at Truck World in Hubbard, Ohio just over the line from Sharon, Pennsylvania.  Truck World is quite a place.  It’s a motel, restaurant, saloon, gift shop, gas station, and even an Ohio D.M.V. facility!  99% of the clientele are truckers, but ANYONE can stay there.  I’d recommend it- for one thing because it’s cheap, and for another thing, because it’s an “experience”!  We hope to make it to Springfield, Missouri late Tuesday night.

Rachel and I hope to visit Marvel Cave at Silver Dollar City in Branson.  We’ll also definitely “hit” the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield.

I’ll miss you when I’m gone.

We’ll be home by July 4.

I don’t know if this will be my last posting before I go away, but because I’ve got “tons” of things to do, it just might be.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying you all the way... there and back.

Anonymous said...

yay you're coming to see me! :)  let rach drve some of the way. but only on straight parts and only where she can't get lost. we all know how she is ;-)