Thursday, June 14, 2007

THIS I BELIEVE

“...speaking the truth in love...” (from Ephesians 4:15)

Political candidates are often asked for their positions on various issues.  Their answers can be so ambiguous, (i.e. “I voted for it before I voted against it”) that nobody can make heads or tails of what they’re talking about.  I don’t think I’ve ever done anything like this on the blog before but I’m just going to throw out a smorgasbord of my opinions.

Here goes:

1.  The Quincy teachers should NOT have gone out on strike. I’m glad they’re back to work.

2.  The Boston City Council should not be debating the noise of music being played by ice cream trucks.  There are far more serious issues they should be dealing with.

3.  We should be kind to everyone in our midst (as much as is POSSIBLE - see Romans 12:18); but we HAVE to secure our borders.  We must make sure we don’t allow any more undocumented aliens into our country, and we should enforce the laws on the books regarding the legal status of being in the U.S.  We should also crack down on illegal apartments in Framingham, for instance.  We also should NOT be unduly cruel to the economically disadvantaged people in our midst.  We can enforce the law without being “jerks”.

4.  The people of Massachusetts SHOULD be allowed to vote regarding “gay marriage” in November of 2008.

5.  President George W. Bush is a nice guy and a sincere Christian.  As President, he is mediocre at best.  His presidency has largely been a disappointment.

6.  Cable TV SHOULD be regulated LOCALLY.  That does not necessarily stifle competition.  Framingham, for instance, has two competing companies in Town who each are Licensed by the Town.  The local public access programming is very important.

7.  Trans-fat should NOT be banned.

8.  (Hate to admit it but)  I’ve come to the conclusion that cell phone usage while driving should be greatly restricted.

9.  Speaking of driving, people should drive SLOWER and MORE CAREFULLY.

10. I don’t care about the CFCs or whatever, the person who invented air conditioning is a HERO!

11.  The parents in New Hampshire were correct to be upset that they did not understand theirkids were going to visit a Planned Parenthood facility.

12.  I don’t like the idea of paying for satellite radio, and so I don’t have satellite radio.  (Admittedly, I DO like the idea of paying for Cable T.V. so I guess that makes me inconsistent!)

13.  Technology is moving way too fast.  Computers, software, and other electronic devices become dinosaurs way too quickly.  It seems ridiculous that a computer that’s less than ten years old may be considered totally obsolete and out-of-date.

14.  Time is precious.  Meetings and other events should start and end on time.

15.  If you like something you read on my blog, you should tell me (e-mail me, or whatever).  If you dislike something you read on my blog, well, you should tell me, as well!

No comments: