Friday, December 14, 2007

KEN'S REQUEST

This past Sunday after our morning worship service, 82-year-old Ken Lavers was ecstatic.  He was more happy and more enthusiastic than perhaps I've ever seen him.

Ken was adamant that the sermon I had given from Luke chapter 1 (focus on Mary...Advent theme) entitled 'A VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE', was exactly that.  Ken was emphatic that I needed to write it down and have it published in the newspaper!  He was insistent!

Well, actually the local newspaper DOES occasionally publish sermons but usually they're part of a monthly seriws in which it's prearranged for local clergy to submit something.  (I've done so a few times in the past.)  Since I'm not scheduled to write that column for Dec. 2007, I did not think it would be appropriate for me to write out a condensed version of the sermon and submit it to the paper.

I DID GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT AFTERWARDS, THOUGH.

In the spirit of PROVERBS 27:2 "Let another man praise you, not your own mouth, a stranger and not your own lips" I realized that since this was KEN'S request and desire, it might not be a bad idea for mt to offer it on-line to those who know me. What I HAVE decided to do is this:  If you'd like a copy of  'A VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE' just e-mail me at revrbaril@aol.com and request it, and I will e-mail it off to you.

You'll make Ken happy.  You'll make me happy.  And it might bless you at this Christmas season!

 

No comments: