Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FOLLOW UP TO "HEY MOW!" (or "Leave it to 'Bill-ver'!")

"In every thing give thanks:  for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  (I Thessalonians 5:18)

A week ago I wrote the posting entitled, "Hey Mow!" and I was "lower than a dead toad in a grave"; as I like to say. 

I just want to give a follow up to that posting.

My friend Bill did look at my mower last Saturday.  He concluded that it's getting plenty of gas and that's not the problem.  He suspected the spark plug.  Bill took the spark plug off, blew on it, dried it, did whatever he could to it, and carefully reattached it.  When we started the mower, the  R.P.M.s sounded faster.  The mower sounded "more confident" if it's possible for a mower to sound confident.

Bill wrote down the number of the spark plug and is going to pick up a new one and put it in soon.

Today, I just figured I'd try to start the mower and get as far as I could with the lawn.  I GOT THE WHOLE LAWN MOWED WITHOUT IT QUITTING, SPUTTERING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!  It was great!  I got the whole lawn mowed in 35 minutes.  Normally it takes me an hour because I also weedwhack it and clean everything up, but after spending hours weedwhacking the whole lawn last week, this was all I wanted to do today, and it LOOKS GREAT!

Incidentally, regarding the store that begins with an "M", Bill said the spark plug should have been one of the first things they thought of.  Anyway, I'm glad for this good follow up report!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't diss monick too much, i like them.

Anonymous said...

Rachel <oingrbg>
I like the M store for a number of things but I've been disappointed with their lawn mower service.