Friday, September 19, 2008

THE BOATS ARE STILL THERE!

"...And there were also with him other little ships." (from Mark 4:36)

I'm actually writing this entry from the Boston Public Library's "Washington" internet access room.  I have taken my birthday off and I'm spending it in the city.  Each year I take either Sept. 18,19,or 20 off and go into Boston.  For the past several years, when I've gone on my mid-September trip to the Boston Public Garden one item of the day was always a little sad:  Each year on that they they've been hauling the swan boats out of the water and disassembling them for the winter.  It's a sign summer is over and winter is coming and it's always a little sad.  Today, I was so happy to see the swan boats running and in business.  For some reason, they're not putting them away until next week. All is right with the world!  Weather-wise this has got to be the nicest day I've spent in the city EVER!  I've often been in here on oppressively hot and humid days in the summer and I've been in here on dreadfully cold days in the winter.  Spring and Fall are really nice in here, but today has been just outstanding!  I have really been blessed today, and I just had to shart that!

 

No comments: